Monday 24 November 2008

Ooh! Blogger Me!



One exciting thing about Stereogum is that it's a big time popular blog.
They even have awards and stuff. In fact, I am usually more agreeable to the outcome of the Gummy Awards than another Rolling Stone's "top 100 great singers of all time from 1990."

You can also vote for your favourite blog other than Stereogum in these awards. I don't expect to come anywhere near some of the more deserved dedicated champs out there pimping music like a full time job. But if you vote because I've alerted you to the fact that you can vote for the top music of the year then I'll like you; you know, in the internet sense.

If you can't remember what happened this year, Stereogum have provided a list of albums on high rotation this year.

My top three albums, by the way, were:

1. Lykke Li - Youth Novels

2. TV on the Radio - Dear Science

3. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Happy voting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not use link :(

Unknown said...

omg pete :) what an awesome lil blog you've got here! omg! youth novels was the best album of the year... i let many publications know this :) i'm gonna cry at falls when we see her.

love eye

Has Been said...

Anon: Whoops, not sure what happened there but I'll be honest: I'm no html/IT knowledgey man. Voting has closed: check out the top people for the year at http://stereogum.com/gummys/2008/

Fleet Foxes topped the best album list!

Eye: thanks mate! :) I will be notifying people of future posts through Facebook. I have some stuff I want to post now: I just need to find the time!
I agree Youth Novels was such a strong album: Lykke Li will be great live! :D